MontereyRentals.com Policies - by checking “I have read and agree to these policies,” or by completing this reservation, accepting keys or taking occupancy to the Premises, I signify my acceptance of and agreement with the policies herein.
Check in time is 3 pm. Check out time is 11 a.m.
- This Agreement may be cancelled up to 60 days prior to arrival. The full amount of the rental is due within 60 days of arrival and is non-refundable after that date. The down payment, made at the time of the reservation, is completely non-refundable.
- A $35 change fee will be charged to the credit card used to make the original reservation for any change to an existing reservation.
The Premises are located in a residential neighborhood that includes both short-term guests and year-round residents who enjoy living in a tranquil environment. Maximum occupancy rates are strictly enforced.
Special events and/or large parties, such as weddings, receptions, rehearsal dinners, birthday/anniversary celebrations, are strictly prohibited, and are a violation of the rental property owner's rental permit. A small dinner party or gathering for no more than one and one half times the number of guests who are accommodated at the Premises is permitted.
Note: If you are planning an event during your stay, please be sure you have arranged for a venue other than the Premises (contact us for suggestions of alternate venues). If you did not understand these policies when you booked your reservation and wish to cancel your stay, please contact us within 24 hours of making your reservation, and we will fully refund any payment made and cancel any future obligation.
Security Deposits and Accidental Damage Safeguard
Security deposits (if any) are charged to the credit card used to secure the reservation seven days prior to arrival and returned seven days after departure, or an itemized statement indicating the basis for and the disposition of the deposit or any part of it will be provided.
Security deposits, if any, will be held in the trust account of Monterey Bay Vacation Rentals. All or any portion of the security deposit, upon termination of occupancy, may be used as reasonably necessary, to (i) pay any sums still due; (ii) repair damage, excluding ordinary wear and tear, caused by the occupants, by any guests, or by any licensees of the occupants; (iii) clean the Premises; (iv) replace or return personal property or appurtenances.
Accidental Damage Safeguard (“ADS”) is a non-refundable fee for which Monterey Bay Vacation Rentals assumes the liability associated with minor accidental damages to the rented premises or its contents during occupancy relative to this reservation. ADS is not insurance, nor should it be interpreted as such. ADS allows Monterey Bay Vacation Rentals to waive occupants’ responsibility for reported accidental damage up to a maximum aggregate amount of $1,500.00.
ADS becomes effective upon check-in (and may not be purchased after check-in) and terminates upon departure of the occupants or at 11 am on the last day of the rental term (“check-out time”), whichever occurs first. Unreported damages, non-accidental damages, excluded damages, or damages exceeding $1,500.00 dollars are the sole responsibility of the occupants. The purchase of ADS does not in any way negate occupants’ responsibility to care for the Premises as if it were occupants’ own home. The cost to repair damage attributable to occupants or occupants’ invitees due to intentional acts, willful misconduct, gross negligence, abuse of the Premises, violation of these rental policies, or animals will not be paid under the ADS, and remain the responsibility of the occupants.
Damage must be reported to Monterey Bay Vacation Rentals prior to “check-out time.” The ADS applies only to loss or damage to the rented premises or its contents. The applicability of ADS to damaged property (and any determination of the extent of damage and/or the cost of repairs thereof) shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of Monterey Bay Vacation Rentals.
Note: We understand that accidents happen. You obviously do, too, since you have made this purchase—so please do not hesitate to contact us if accidental damage occurs during your stay. We want to know about it, so that 1) your ADS is applicable, and 2) we can make repairs for both you and future guests.
Cleaning and cleaning fees
-Potential extra fee: there is a $25/hour charge for excessive cleaning beyond the standard checkout cleaning.
Departure housekeeping service includes: Replenishing soap and paper products, vacuuming carpets and rugs, cleaning bathrooms, cleaning crumbs and minor food splatters, unloading dishwasher, dusting furniture and other surfaces, laundering one set of sheets per bed and bath linens that are hung in bathrooms upon arrival, cleaning out wood-burning fireplace, and regular chemical servicing of hot tub (where applicable).
Departure housekeeping service does NOT include: Removing spots (such as coffee, wine, and food) from carpets, rugs, and upholstery; unclogging sewer lines due to paper overload (or items other than tissue put into toilets); cleaning major food spills or baked-on food from appliances; cleaning BBQ; washing/loading dirty dishes; moving furniture back to its original place; window washing to remove fingerprints; laundering multiple sets of sheets and bath linens; removal of paper, food, or foreign items from gas fireplace; removal of sand and pine needles from hot tub (where applicable). If your rental has a hot tub, please wash sandy feet before using, and keep it covered when not in use.
- All landscaping, furnishings, appliances, and all mechanical, electrical, gas and plumbing fixtures will be properly used by all occupants, and Monterey Bay Vacation Rentals will be immediately notified of any problem or malfunction. All repairs or replacements caused by the occupant(s) and/or their guests, excluding ordinary wear and tear, and including repair of drain blockages or stoppages unless caused by defective plumbing parts or tree roots invading sewer lines, will be charged to the credit card provided to secure this reservation. Checking "I have read and agree to these policies" and/or completing this reservation, accepting keys, or taking occupancy to the Premises, shall be proof of authorization to charge said credit card accordingly.
Check in: 3 pm or later
Keys and/or entry codes to the Premises will be available at 3 pm on the arrival date listed in the reservation.
Note: As we often have guests departing the day you arrive, early check-in or storage of luggage in the room before 3 pm on the day of arrival is permitted only by prior arrangement, for which there may be an additional fee.
Check out: 11 am or earlier
As we often have guests arriving the day you check out, late checkout is permitted only by prior arrangement, for which there may be an additional fee. You will be charged a late checkout fee for any time past check out that the Premises is still occupied without prior arrangement. Contact your local representative immediately if your departure may be delayed.
Unauthorized holding over is subject to a minimum charge of 1.5 times the prorated daily rate. Charges for holding over may also include the cost of alternative housing for any guests who may be displaced, as well as any additional housekeeping fees that may be incurred as a result. Checking "I have read and agree to these policies,” or completing this reservation, accepting keys, or taking occupancy to the Premises shall be proof of authorization to charge said credit card accordingly.
- Those contracting for this rental must be eighteen or older. Occupants will receive notice of occupancy, parking and other terms and conditions that apply to the use of the Premises, and are responsible to ensure that impermissible or inappropriate behavior does not occur at the Premises and that all terms and conditions described herein are met.
- Occupants are renting the Premises as transient lodgers from the property owner, who retains full legal, possessory and access rights.
- Occupancy is limited to the number of persons for which this reservation was originally made. Visitors are permitted to the extent that the total number of visitors does not exceed twice the number of persons for which this reservation was originally made. Overnight guests are permitted to the extent that the total number of persons sleeping at the Premises does not exceed the total number of persons who may be accommodated in the sleeping accommodations provided in the home. If the Premises are used, in any way, by more or different persons than those scheduled with Monterey Bay Vacation Rentals, (i) Occupants, Authorized Guests and all others may be required to immediately leave the Premises or be removed from the Premises; (ii) Occupants are in breach of this Agreement; and (iii) Occupants/Guests forfeit right to return of any security deposit and are responsible for any expenses relative to the occupancy. Checking "I have read and agree to these poli cies," or completing this reservation, accepting keys, or taking occupancy to the Premises shall be proof of authorization to charge said credit card accordingly.
- Condition of Premises: Monterey Bay Vacation Rentals and the property owner make every effort to keep properties in good working order; however, reporting or requesting repairs is not a reason to cancel this Agreement or to receive a refund of any payments made due to the mechanical failure of appliances, video/audio equipment, or any household systems. Occupants will notify Monterey Bay Vacation Rentals upon arrival if anything in or about the premises is found to be damaged or not satisfactorily cleaned.
- Access to the Premises by Monterey Bay Vacation Rentals is permitted at any time to make repairs, decorations, alterations, maintenance, or improvements, or to supply necessary or agreed services, to verify compliance with the terms of this Agreement, or in case of emergency. If Premises is offered for sale, occupants will permit it to be shown to prospective buyers, lenders, inspectors or appraisers with reasonable notice.
- Should this unit become unavailable for reasons beyond Monterey Bay Vacation Rental’s control, an alternate accommodation may be selected from available properties or the cardholder contracting for this reservation may receive a full refund for any time left unused under this Agreement.
- No personal property of the occupants or their guests is insured by Monterey Bay Vacation Rentals or the property owner against loss or damage. Owner does not insure against personal injury to occupants or their guests for any reason other than the condition of the Premises. Occupants agree to carry insurance to protect themselves, their guests, and their personal property from any loss, damage, or injury. Occupants and their guests agree to use Premises at their own risk and indemnify and hold harmless Monterey Bay Vacation Rentals and/or the property owner from any and all liability in regard to their use of Premises.
- In the event of any dispute, the venue is Monterey County, and the laws of the state of California will govern. All parties will mediate any dispute or claim arising from this transaction in Monterey County. In any mediation or court action arising out of this agreement, each party shall be responsible for his own attorney’s fees and costs.
- Megan’s Law Database Disclosure: Notice: Pursuant to Section 290.4 of the Penal Code, information about specified registered sex offenders is made available to the public via an Internet Web site maintained by the Department of Justice at http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov. Depending on an offender’s criminal history, this information will include either the address at which the offender resides or the community of residence and ZIP Code in which he or she resides. Neither Landlord nor Owner’s Representative are required to check this website. If further information is desired, please obtain information directly from this website.
- The Authorized Occupants are individually and completely responsible for the performance of all obligations under this Agreement, jointly and individually with every other Occupant.
- Occupants will not disturb neighbors, will not use the Premises for unlawful purposes, nor violate any law nor commit waste or nuisance upon or about the Premises.
- No property will be removed from the site. The Premises will be returned in the same condition as found upon arrival (excluding routine housekeeping, as described above).
- This is a non-smoking property. If evidence of smoking is found, damage and/or cleanup costs, including, but not limited to stains, burns, odors, and removal of debris, will be charged to the credit card provided to secure this reservation. Checking "I have read and agree to these policies," or completing this reservation, accepting keys, or taking occupancy to the Premises shall be proof of authorization to charge said credit card accordingly. All occupants will leave the Premises immediately and forfeit any security deposit.
Policies Specific to this Property
This property is approved for one dog. Occupants agree to be fully liable for any damages and injuries caused by any animals found on the premises. Any additional animals found on the property will be presumed to be strays and removed by the appropriate agency as prescribed by law.
The Occupants specifically warrant that:
• The animal has not been attack-trained nor is it known to be considered vicious, nor does it have a history of biting people or animals, or causing property damage.
• The Occupants are solely responsible for any and all damage or loss to the Premises caused by animals including, but not limited to, carpeting, draperies, wall coverings, doors, furnishings, appliances, and landscaping (including the lawn and shrubbery).
• All animal waste shall be removed and disposed of promptly.
• Dogs are not to be left at home alone.
• All animals shall be maintained so as not to cause annoyance or irritation to others.
• Upon vacating property, pest eradication may be performed to both the interior and exterior of the premises, including but not limited to fleas, by a licensed pest control company approved by Monterey Bay Vacation Rentals.
• Upon vacating the property, cleaning services beyond the usual housekeeping services will be performed at the Occupants’ expense to remove all evidence of an animal having occupied the premises, including, but not limited to, removal of animal hair from carpets, drapes, furniture, and all household areas; removal of odors of any type from carpets, drapes, furniture, and all household areas; and repair of any item soiled or damaged by the presence of an animal.